Windows Systems Engineer I 188599
Chattanooga, TN 37402 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Systems engineers are responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise system hardware and software, mainframe and distributed platforms. They provide technical support to other departments in the Information Systems Division. They are responsible for the overall integrity, performance, and security of all systems under their stewardship, and are charged with oversight of systems’ documentation, including the development, support, and enforcement of corporate standards. Systems engineers are responsible for keeping abreast of new technologies and evaluating their applicability to the client’s environment and stated business goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as technical expert in the analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of all assigned systems, responsible for their overall security, integrity, and reliability.
- Oversees the implementation of system upgrades and modifications, including planning, testing, scheduling and coordination.
- Ensures that change management and defined security procedures for all assigned systems are executed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Minimizes service interruptions through early identification and resolution of problems.
- Analyzes monitoring and maintenance data and implements changes as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees a schedule of system backups and test restorations.
- Ensures that the business recovery plan for assigned systems adequately addresses the client’s requirements and established time frames.
- Oversees all support and problem management activities, provides tier-three support and guides less experienced staff in problem resolution.
- Reviews and analyzes problem-management data, in aggregate, to identify issues and trends directly affecting the quality of services.
- Drives the development, implementation, and maintenance of all policies, procedures, and standards pertaining to assigned services and systems, ensuring their conformance with industry-defined best practices.
- Maintains accurate and informative operating records, and assists in the production of systems and services management reports, providing data in prescribed-standard formats as requested.
- Oversees projects pertaining to assigned systems.
- May serve in the role of project lead, assuming responsibility for oversight of most or all aspects of a project.
- Undertakes research and/or evaluation projects as assigned, providing formal documentation of findings and conclusions according to established department standards.
All applicants will be advised that the client, as a federal contractor, may be required to implement a COVID-19 vaccine mandate.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-sciences related field, or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Demonstrable training and experience.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience as a Windows Systems Engineer.
- Experience with software packaging tools such as AdminStudio is required. Extensive experience with PowerShell and other software packaging and scripting tools is also desired. Experience building packages for InTune is also a plus.
- Experience with Windows 10 is required.
- Experience with Windows 11 is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, InTune and working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP is required.
- Extensive experience in the analysis and design of systems, as well as in troubleshooting and providing technical support for these systems.
- Appropriate technical certifications are a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- ITL certification is a plus. SCRUM experience is also desired.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.