Centertown, KY US
The project is working a 5/10 schedule. Per diem will be offered to those who meet the per diem criteria. Five years of welding experience preferred. OSHA 10 is required.
- Selects type and size of pipe or other related materials and equipment according to specifications
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques
- May be required to use Gas-Metal Arc, Flux-Cored Arc, Gas-Tungsten Arc, Submerged Arc, or Shielded Metal Arc welding processes
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together in various body positions
- Bolts, clamps and welds together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment. May weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position. May tack weld assemblies together
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor
- Obtains specified electrode and inserts electrode into portable holder or threads consumable electrode wire through portable welding gun
- Starts power supply to produce electric current
- Strikes arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld-line, maintaining length of arc and speed and movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle
- May manually apply filler rod to supply weld metal. May clean or degrease weld joint or workplace, using wire brush, portable grinder, or chemical bath
- May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes
- May remove excess weld, defective weld material, slag and spatter, using carbon arc gouge, hand scrapper, grinder or power chipper
- May preheat work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace. May cut metal plates or structural shapes
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Capable of setting weld machine parameters and maintain weld machine in working condition
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards. Performs only procedures certified in.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees.
- Be motivated and work safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Work at heights without fear
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within field
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.