Water/Wastewater Operator (OR Licensed)
Rickreall, OR 97371
- The Operator operates, repairs, and maintains the water/wastewater treatment plant's facilities
- Performs routine laboratory tests
- Diagnose operating problems and perform necessary corrective action during work shift
- Performs any combinations of following tasks pertinent to controlling operation of plant
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of water/wastewater, sludge, and effluent
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and test results to determine process adjustment requirements
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
- Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Takes samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-4 years’ experience in operating water/wastewater treatment plants
- Possess a valid vehicle operating license
- Operator certification at a level required by the State and the project
- Able to type and enter data in computer spreadsheets and data management systems.
- General knowledge of computer operations
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes, principles of supervision and training; safe work practices
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.