Pampa, TX 79065
- The Mechanic performs skilled work in the maintenance department and repair of water and waste water treatment equipment and facilities.
- Work involves the responsibility for performing tasks to maintain efficient operations of the water and waste water treatment plant and related facilities.
- Work assignments may arise as a result of equipment breakdowns, inspections, preventative maintenance procedures, or specific instructions from supervisor.
- Repairs or rebuilds plant equipment such as pumps, valves, gear drives, chemical feed units, valve actuators, gasoline and diesel-powered equipment; use of all kinds of hand or power-driven tools in maintenance of this equipment.
- Maintenance of building and equipment of the water plant and booster stations; this includes plumbing, fabrication, and repairs.
- Work with chlorine and other gas supply system; this includes changing of chlorine gas cylinders at the booster stations; repair pressure and vacuum systems, chlorinators, rotameters, and related equipment; repair other chemical supply and pumping systems.
- Maintain records and inventory through computer software.
- Performs many other duties.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, materials of the mechanical trade, hazards, and precautionary measures.
- Knowledge of the principles of operation, maintenance, and repair of pumps, valves, and related mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Ability to work from sketches, read symbols, follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to post and maintain adequate records associated with the daily maintenance operations using Windows operating system and associated software
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.