Water/Wastewater Journeyman Electrician
The Villages, FL 32159
At times it will be necessary to work unscheduled overtime to restore services. Position will require employee to take part in a rotating emergency call out schedule and be accountable for responding to and properly handling all after hour incidents during that time.
- Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Electrician performs advanced electrical and mechanical work in the operation, maintenance, and repair of treatment facilities including water/wastewater plants and lift stations plants.
- Will be responsible for the support of complex electrical, electronic control and mechanical systems, providing technical service on and maintenance of lift stations and equipment and water/wastewater treatment plants.
- Performs skilled electrical installation, alteration, inspection, maintenance, repair, and service of lift stations and treatment facilities.
- Performs scheduled Corrective and Preventative Maintenance on mechanical, electrical, structural wiring and electronic equipment.
- Assists the Lift Station Mechanic in repair and/or replacement of lift station electrical motor panels and radio telemetry units as needed.
- Uses a computer to access the electronic work order and asset management system (CMMS) as it relates to maintenance and repair of electrical systems and associated equipment.
- May drive a company vehicle and is responsible for appearance, maintenance and organization of vehicle and tool inventory.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- 5 or more years progressively responsible experience in the installation, modification, maintenance and repair of electrical/mechanical equipment and related apparatus in water, wastewater and lift station operations
- Must have a clean/valid Florida driver’s license
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, and tools used in electrical and electronic components installation, maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of the telemetry systems and electronic hardware involved in control systems.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.