Water Utility Worker
Rio Rancho, NM US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Preforms routine serving and corrective maintenance of water and wastewater collection systems.
• Cleans vehicles, heavy equipment, pumps, tools, and other stationary and portable equipment
• Preforms routine inspections of vehicles and equipment; performs minor maintenance and lubrication of machinery such as changing oil and greasing equipment.
• Operates and maintains vehicles, equipment and tools required to load, unload, haul and spread sand, gravel, dirt and / or waste products ( sludge, product waste, packaging waste, etc.); digs and refills ditched and trenches.
• Carries or holds materials, supplies and tools to assist operations and maintenance personnel
• Maintains grounds and buildings; cuts grass, weeds and brush; trims trees and bushes; rakes grass, leaves and trash, seeds and cares for lawns and ornamental plantings.
• Understand and carries out oral and written directions
• Works safely and adheres to established safety procedures
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
• Ability to carry and respond to pages as requested by management
• Ability and willingness to work on-call shifts, as requested, including being fit and able to respond to call-ins in a timely manner.
• High school diploma or GED
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Possess a valid Class A CDL with Tanker endorsement
• Must obtain a Level I certification in wastewater within an 18 month period from date of hire.
• Basic knowledge in the operation and maintenance of vehicles, equipment, farm machinery, pumps and equipment used in and around water and wastewater systems
• Familiarity with hand an power tools and equipment commonly used in the maintenance of vehicles, equipment, structures and buildings,
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.