Water Utility Technician 188006
The Villages, FL 32159 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
1. Perform tasks in the preventive maintenance of water distribution equipment to include, but not limited to, pipe, valves, hydrants, main line flushing. Perform fire flow and pressure tests and maintains corrosion protection of water lines and valves. Locate utility lines from drawings and maps.
2. Perform work in assembling, laying and aligning water distribution service lines. Assist in excavating and backfilling sidewalks, streets and trenches. Expose mains and lines following safe dig practices. Install and remove trench shoring. Cut mains, lines and pipes, thread and bend pipes and caulk joints.
3. Utilize hand and power tools and equipment including, but not limited to: pavement breakers, jackhammers, earth tampers.
4. Make customer contact concerning required repairs/service/complaints.
5. Inspect water meters to verify that the meter is reading accurately.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED, plus one and one-half (1.5) years experience in water utility operations, plumbing, or heavy equipment operation (i.e. backhoe, trackhoe and loaders).
- Possess a Valid Florida Driver's License and posses a commercial driver's license from another State converted to Florida within 1 month, and the ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Operational characteristics of water production, treatment and distribution systems
2. Principles and practices of water treatment system maintenance and repair and water distribution line maintenance
3. Methods and techniques used in locating water mains and turning off water service
4. Methods and techniques used in the maintenance and repair of water distribution systems
5. Water distribution system lay out, hydraulics and operational characteristics
6. Operational characteristics of a variety of maintenance equipment, tools, and vehicles
7. Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
8. Department policies and procedures
9. Perform routine water distribution maintenance tasks
10. Assist with line maintenance and new service activities
11. Conduct safety inspections and ensure proper maintenance of all vehicles and equipment
12. Operate and maintain a variety of equipment in a safe and effective manner
13. Understand and follow oral and written instructions
14. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
15. Maintain accurate and detailed records of work performed
16. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.