Water Operator in Training
Sweet Home, OR 97386
- The OIT performs preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment to ensure efficient, reliable operation.
- Performs a daily visual inspection of lagoons and treatment process.
- Keeps and maintains accurate records for reporting purposes.
- Maintains samplers, take samples, and record all data as required by the City’s discharge permit.
- Inspects equipment such as control panels, pumps, motors, valves, gauges, compressors, chlorinating and dechlorinating equipment, and analyzers for proper operation.
- Performs routine custodial/maintenance duties to keep buildings, furnishings and treatment plant grounds and lagoon dikes in a clean and neat appearance.
- Will assist the Operator II in maintaining the disposal area Buffer Zones, farm roads, and fences.
- Maintains logs and records as required by the discharge permit, the plant’s QAQC program, and DEQ/EPA rules and regulations regarding wastewater flow and treatment plant operation and maintenance activities.
- As needed, will operate City vehicles and heavy equipment or provide manual labor.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license – State of Oregon
- Working knowledge of the functions and mechanics of pumps and related equipment used in a modern wastewater plant
- Has skills in the operation, maintenance and repair of pumps and other plant facilities
- Able to perform simple chemical tests
- Able to keep records and derive and prepare accurate reports from those records; mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to obtain the Wastewater Treatment Operator level 1 or Water Treatment operator 1 certification within 18 months of date of hire.
- Prior Mechanical and troubleshooting experience.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.