Water Operator in Training
Opa-Locka, OR 97914
On call is required for this position to be able to respond to afterhours emergencies within a reasonable time.
- The OIT works in the operation, repair, and maintenance of streets, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and other duties as assigned.
- Will inspect, repair, and maintain water distribution systems, storm drains, sewer collection systems, and sewer lift stations.
- Paving, patching, sign maintenance, concrete repair/installation, snow removal/sanding etc.
- Perform labor involved in the construction and maintenance of water distribution: install, repair and read water meters; exercise valves; install and repair water lines, standpipes, valves, pumps, etc.; and perform water shut-offs and turn-ons; repair and install manholes, cleanouts; and clean debris from catch basins.
- Operate, maintain and perform minor repair to light and heavy equipment (backhoe, loader, sewer cleaner, welders, etc.).
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance of assigned equipment and tools.
- Respond to various customer service requests and report findings to lead worker or supervisor.
- May assist other public works departments as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some prior experience in Water Distribution, Sewer Collections and Street maintenance
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Class "A" Commercial Driver's License or be able to obtain within 3- 6 month from date of hire
- Flagger certification within 6 months from date of hire
- CPR-First aid within 6 months from date of hire
- Must have computer skills
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.