Water Operator in Training
Englewood, CO 80112
- The OIT performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a water/wastewater treatment plant on an assigned shift.
- The OIT learns and gains skills involving the maintenance of equipment and servicing work in the plant
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of water and effluent
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control, starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes and reports abnormalities to supervisor
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Typically holds or is working on class D water treatment certification for the state of Colorado.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operations of engines, pumps, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; basic biological and chemical principles preferred
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.