Fort Irwin, CA 92310 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
• Operates current water treatment plant facility, water wells and booster stations in accordance with the water supply permit. Operates the WWTP's Recycled water system per the applicable Waste Discharge Requirements.
• Reads gauges and meters, starts and stops equipment, and operates valves to route and control flow, makes process control adjustments, determines and sets proper chemical dosage and flow rates, and operates PLCs and SCADA systems
• Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
• Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
• Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
• Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
• Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
• Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel
• Understands and carries out oral and written directions
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
• Compiles and reports non-compliance of the water supply permit
• Complies with Project Policies and Procedures
• Prepares required reports and maintains complete record keeping procedures
• Performs other duties as required
- High School diploma
- California Grade III Water Treatment Operator certification.
- Able to obtain a Grade IV within three years of hire.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must possess and maintain a valid CA driver's license
- Basic familiarity of the principles and practices of water treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical water analyses; safe work practices
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data management systems (HACHWims, CMMS, Maximo) and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.