Water Mechanic 187385
Ridgeland, MS 39157 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
As a Mechanic, you’ll join a collaborative team ensuring that our clients can deliver their services – uninterrupted. You’ll have the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks in the preventive and corrective maintenance on water treatment plants and related facilities equipment. You’ll contribute to the success of our program with efficient preventive maintenance and effective solutions to challenges that may arise in municipal facilities. You’ll perform preventive and corrective maintenance on buildings, structures, grounds, machinery and equipment; lubricate equipment and check for malfunctions; replace packing in pumps or valves; replace bearings in motors, pumps, and other equipment; tune engines, set valve clearance, clean, and adjust regulators; examine equipment failures to identify cause and to prevent recurrences; and install and sets up new equipment. You’ll also clean and paint interior and exterior equipment and buildings; lean out pipes and perform other plumbing and pipe fitting tasks as required; use gas and/or arc welding equipment to heat, cut, braze, or weld; perform duties of painter in their absence; assist in keeping maintenance records; and perform other duties as required. Most importantly, you’ll take action to ensure the safety, health and well-being of you and your team.
Here's What You'll Need:
- One year of experience in the maintenance of water or wastewater treatment plants or related industrial or utilities industry with similar maintenance requirements
- A valid Certified Maintenance & Reliability Technician (CMRT) certification or ability to obtain within 3 years of date of hire
- Experience in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Ability to understand and follow SOPs and H&S practices
- A valid driver’s license with no major infractions
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
- Forklift or Heavy equipment experience
- Experience in serving municipal utility client
- Safe work practices
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.