Wastewater/Water Operator in Training 188238
Santa Fe, NM 87506 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
• Learns and gains skills involving the maintenance of equipment and servicing work in the plant
• Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of wastewater, sludge, and effluent
• Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control, starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
• Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
• Observes and reports abnormalities to supervisor
• Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
• Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
• Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
• Understands and carries out oral and written directions
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
• Performs other duties as required
• High school diploma or GED
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• General knowledge of computer operations
• Ability and willingness to work on-call shifts.
• Ability to respond to call-ins in a timely manner (60 minutes)
• Ability to work weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operations of engines, pumps, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; basic biological and chemical principles
• New Mexico Level 1 certification in Water and/or Wastewater or ability to obtain one in a 1-year period.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in operating water and/or wastewater treatment plants
• Able to enter data into computer spread sheets and data management systems
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.