Wastewater Treatment Operator (Levels 1-4)
Gresham, OR 97230
- The Operator performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant including maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and day-to-day activities on an assigned shift.
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of wastewater, sludge, and effluent
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
- Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Performs other duties as required
- Must have the ability to respond to treatment site in 30-60 minutes after probationary period
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification level 1 through 4 wastewater preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license,
- Basic familiarity of the principles and practices of wastewater treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in wastewater treatment processes
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.