Wastewater Operator in Training
Roseburg, OR 97471 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
HKA Enterprises is unable to support C2C. 3rd party submissions and C2C requests will not be considered for any positions.
- Perform daily plant checks to ensure process continuity and equipment function.
- Engage with potentially hazardous matrices including wastewater and solids.
- Collect process and permit samples to run analyses and interpret results.
- Learn advanced laboratory tests such as nutrient analyses.
- Alter plant processes to adapt treatment to changing conditions.
- Maintain an accurate log of activities.
- Make minor repairs to equipment and assist maintenance with major repairs.
- Carry a 24/7 on-call phone for seven consecutive days in a rotating schedule.
- Respond to emergency events as necessary. Staff the facility beyond normal hours during ‘high flow’ conditions.
- Assist in maintaining the facility appearance. Mowing lawns, raking leaves, painting, pressure washing etc.
- Work outdoors on rough terrain in the summertime making irrigation system repairs.
- Earn an apprentice herbicide applicator license to help control noxious weeds.
- Conduct pretreatment inspections of local businesses as required.
OPERATOR IN TRAINING - WATER/WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT
- Basic understanding of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to enter data into an operations and maintenance management system.
- Valid driver’s license
- A positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Safe work practices
- A current, or working towards obtaining a first level water/wastewater treatment certification.
- Basic familiarity of the principles and practices of water/wastewater treatment plant operations, valves, pumps, and motors
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.