Wastewater Operator in Training
Brookings, OR 97415 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Under direct supervision, performs semi-skilled and skilled duties involved in the operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Facility; and performs a variety of related work as assigned.
- In a learning capacity, participate in the operation and periodic maintenance of a variety of wastewater treatment equipment.
- Work closely with certified Plant Operators to learn the various aspects of the wastewater treatment process.
- Learn basic operation of the SCADA computer system.
- Obtain continuing education units for Wastewater certification by correspondence courses and/or other applicable training courses.
- Read meters and maintain operating logs.
- Inspect and maintain various plant equipment.
- Collect process and some permit samples
- Follow safe work methods and safety precautions related to the work.
- Maintain buildings and grounds.
- Work various shifts and flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Operate various sizes of power-driven equipment.
- Assist with the removal and replacement of various plant equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Use, purpose, and maintenance of hand tools.
- Operation, care, and routine maintenance of basic mechanical equipment.
- Safe work practices and procedures.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.