Wastewater Operator in Training- 3rd shift
Fayetteville, AR 72701 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Training will be on day shift, then will work 3rd shift
3rd shift: Saturday Midnight-6am, Sunday-Tuesday 6pm-6am
Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant on an assigned shift.
This is an entry level position. The selected applicant will receive on-site training during day shift until he/she is aptly trained for nightshift operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Learns and gains skills involving the maintenance of equipment and servicing work in the plant
• Operates skid-steer, tractors, and sludge drying machinery to control the daily production of bio-solids from wastewater treatment facilities.
• Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control, starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
• Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
• Observes and reports abnormalities to supervisor
• Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
• Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
• Performs routine maintenance functions and maintains clean work area
• Understands and carries out oral and written directions
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
• Performs other duties as required
• High school diploma or GED
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools employed in the general operations of engines, pumps, and related equipment; general maintenance work; safe work practices; basic biological and chemical principles
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.