Americus, GA 31709
Summary: Performs and oversees a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a Collections System including compliance reporting, maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing and assigning/performing day-to-day activities on an assigned shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates treatment facilities to control flow and processing of wastewater, sludge, and effluent.
- Executes and coordinates all contractually required Collections Cleaning, Sewer Main Camera Work and Storm Drain Cleaning.
- Operates and maintains Wastewater Lift Stations with the assistance of the Wastewater and Maintenance Departments.
- Creates and submits all required compliance reports as well as client requested reports.
- Schedules the Collections staff when required by the Operations Supervisor.
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings
- Operates valves and gates either manually or by remote control
- Starts and stops pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Makes operating decisions in absence of supervisory personnel
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Performs on call duties for the Wastewater Treatment Department and other departments upon request
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license with the ability to meet insurance requirements to operate a company vehicle (as needed)
- Mechanical aptitude
- One year of experience in operating water/wastewater treatment plants
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.