Wastewater Operator 187522
Westerly, RI 02891 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Responsible for daily operations, plant rounds, process control testing, permit control testing, maintenance of the facility's laboratory, corrective and preventative maintenance, and all other task involved in daily wastewater treatment facility operations.
As an Operator, you’ll join a collaborative team ensuring that our clients can deliver their services – uninterrupted. Based in Westerly, RI you’ll perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant. You’ll contribute to the success of our program with efficient preventive maintenance, establishing and maintaining effective sample procedures of plant operations and effluent, and providing effective solutions to complex challenges that may arise. You’ll diagnose operating problems, make process control adjustments, direct and perform necessary corrective action. You’ll also prepare reports, collect samples, perform laboratory testing, determine proper chemical flow rates, maintain shift logs and perform other duties as required. Most importantly, you’ll take action to ensure the safety, health and well-being of you and your team.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Experience operating a wastewater treatment facility
- Experience with sound safety principles and practices
- Experience with computer operations with the ability to prepare spreadsheets and word processing documents, and enter information into maintenance management system
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience in working in laboratory setting, or an educational background in a STEM field; general maintenance work; safe work practices; principles and methods of biological and chemical sewage analyses, effects and problems of industrial waste in water/wastewater treatment processes, principles of supervision
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, data management systems and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems.
- Wastewater operator work experience is highly desirable, but not a requirement.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.