Wastewater Operator 186871
The Villages, FL 32159 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA
- Monitors gauges, meters, and control panels
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings
- Operates wells, pumps, valves and chemical treatment equipment either manually or by remote control
- Operate pump, engines, and generators to control and adjust flow and treatment processes
- Maintains shift log and records meter and gauge readings
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses
- Performs routine maintenance functions and custodial duties
- Makes operating decisions
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Will be serve as part of the departments on-call rotation
- Performs other duties as required
- Basic familiarity of the principles and practices of wastewater treatment plant operations; operating principles of valves, pumps, and motors; principles and methods of bacteriological and chemical sewage analyses; effects and problems of industrial waste in wastewater treatment processes; safe work practices
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to service equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, push a push-type mower; wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of various wastewater systems throughout the Villages Florida, including maintenance of equipment, quality control/testing, compliance sampling, chemical feeding, collecting, entering, and analyzing data, and other day-to-day activities as assigned. This position requires a Florida Department of Environmental Protection Class C Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification.
- High school diploma or GED
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection wastewater treatment operator C certification
- One year of experience in operating water treatment plants
- Possess a valid driver’s license
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.