The Villages, FL 32159 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
This position performs preventative and corrective maintenance on water/wastewater treatment plants and related facilities equipment. The incumbent has thorough knowledge of skill or trade in own area and uses skills gained through a vocational apprenticeship. He/she completes varied tasks and refers complex issues to more experienced team members. This role conducts basic troubleshooting and applies knowledge of work processes and prior experience to choose correct solution. This position completes multiple, related technical tasks.
• Performs a variety of tasks in the preventive and corrective maintenance on water/wastewater treatment plants and related facilities equipment on an assigned shift.
• Performs and assists in the performance of preventive and corrective maintenance on mechanical and electro-mechanical machinery and equipment.
• Performs or assists in the replacement of bearings in motors, pumps or other equipment.
• Tightens and adjusts chains.
• Removes and installs new or existing equipment or machinery.
• Operates hoists, lifts and machinery.
• Operates emergency power generation equipment.
• Performs plumbing and pipefitting tasks as required.
• Assists in keeping maintenance records.
• Maintains and operates computer. Maintenance management system as required. May drive a company vehicle and is responsible for appearance, maintenance and organization of vehicle and tool inventory.
• Follows all Safety Rules, procedures and PPE practices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: • Must possess mobility to work in wastewater treatment plants and related facilities; strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work, to work in confined spaces, around machines and to climb and descend ladders, and to operate various hand and power tools and construction equipment; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; color vision to read gauges and identify appurtenances; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. Ability to use all required personal protective equipment to include the correct breathing respirator for hazardous work environments. The job involves fieldwork requiring frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate above-mentioned tools and equipment. Positions in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, reach, and climb to perform work and inspect work sites. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 40 pounds and heavier weights with the use of proper equipment. Ability to sit, stand or walk for periods longer than 30 minutes.
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS: • Employees work mainly outdoors, and partially indoors, and are exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes. is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
This position performs preventative and corrective maintenance on water/wastewater treatment plants and related facilities equipment. The incumbent has knowledge of a limited number of specific work tasks, and uses skills that are physical in nature to complete routine tasks. He/she deals with situations and activities that are straightforward in nature, and follows detailed guidelines, drawings and instructions to complete routine technical tasks.
• Under direction supervision and mentoring, performs a variety of tasks in the preventive and corrective maintenance on water/wastewater treatment plants and related facilities equipment on an assigned shift.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.