Waste water Operator in Training
Crescent City, CA 95531
This position will be a day shift position that may include weekends and on-call.
- Basic duties of the OIT will include working with certified operators on how to operate and maintain a 1.86 MGD activated sludge wastewater treatment facility.
- Will also be expected to complete housekeeping responsibilities, read O&M manuals, interpret and input data on paper and computer and work with a certified operator to run equipment, complete sampling and process control tests and make basic adjustments to plant equipment and process.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- No previous experience of operating and maintaining a conventional wastewater treatment plant is necessary but if someone has gone to a technical school or worked at a treatment plant in some capacity that would be a plus.
- Must have good with math and have a basic understanding of mechanical processes, such as; pumps, motors, compressors, using hand tools
- Ability to take samples, read numbers from equipment totalizers and computer screens.
- Must be able to get a CA OIT WW certificate from the State of California with the ability to obtain a Grade I within one year.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
George Estepp is one of the Lead Recruiters here at HKA Enterprises. He specializes in recruiting for the Operations and Maintenance group and Engineering department. George’s advice to job seekers is "avoid having your resume fall into a black hole after applying by following up with me on your application with a quick phone call, text, or email as listed on the job posting."