Burnaby, BC V3J 0A4 CA
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
You’ll impact the world around you by helping us solve real-life challenges. Based out of your home office or one of our office locations in Alberta or British Columbia, early intermediate level this position will be a six-month contract (this could also be considered a fulltime position based on experience) position you’ll have the opportunity to work as part of multi-disciplinary project teams associated with our Western Canada Offices to contribute to the environmental planning and permitting efforts of government and privately-owned infrastructure projects. You will have the opportunity to support the work through field data collection, writing of technical reports, and regulatory applications. You will support teams in completing client reports to company and industry standards. This is a full-time position with up to 80% of travel during the field season, and the remaining time will be office-based work. Bring your enthusiasm for learning and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll help you grow!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biology, related to botany, ecology, environmental sciences, an equivalent post secondary diploma or equivalent demonstrated experience Vascular plant identification skills sufficient to lead rare plant surveys.
- Including challenging groups such as grasses, sedges and willows 3-5 years of relevant professional experience conducting rare plant surveys and vegetation surveys
- Strong field skills and willingness to work in remote field locations for extended periods of time Aerial imagery interpretation experience
- A driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A strong understanding of ecological land classification (e.g. ELC, or Terrestrial Ecosystem Mapping [TEM]) and wetland classification schemas and experience conducting TEM plot surveys
- Relevant professional experience in environmental consulting or related field
- Familiarity with multiple ecological communities throughout Western Canada, particularly northern, coastal, and interior BC and boreal, parkland, and grassland AB P.Biol or RPBio designation or be working towards such designation
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience or interest to support other biophysical study areas such as wetlands, wildlife, soils, and/or fisheries field assessments
- Experience working with linear development construction programs Bryophyte or lichen identification skills are not required but are considered an asset
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dillon joined our team in April of 2020, and has been one of our lead craft recruiters here at HKA. Funny, diligent, and a great support system for his clients and potential candidates, Dillon thrives on making sure he brings 110% everyday.