VP of Marketing, Patient Nutrition
Washington, DC 20001
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a VP of Marketing, Patient Nutrition
The VP, Marketing will lead the company’s $2.5 billion Patient Nutrition Services portfolio in the Healthcare market in North American. The position is responsible for all elements of the marketing mix, leading the development and execution of marketing strategies that drive growth & support of an already strong brand for the company in the area of Patient Nutrition. This person will lead the development, launch & deployment of the company’s next generation of Patient Nutrition Services.
- Serve as point-person for developing, implementing, and launching marketing initiatives & activities for Patient Nutrition services. This will involve working with horizontal business platforms in corporate North America as well as deployment teams within the healthcare business.
- Ensure best practice is gained from and shared with the company’s global healthcare business, which operates in 39 countries.
- Work very closely with VP Clinical Nutrition, and the team of 3,500 dietitians to ensure and assure patient safety. Balance the clinical needs of patients with their desires as consumers. Ensure brand positioning includes a strong element of clinical expertise and relevance.
- Maintain good visibility of the P&L, including achieving KPIs and business objectives. A ‘shadow’ P&L will be in place, which the successful candidate will take responsibility for.
- Develop patient/consumer insight data sets, and strategies using combinations of internal and external data. There are insight resources to assist with this.
- Segment, and sub-segment markets and consumers, identifying appropriate target audiences, markets & growth opportunities. Maintain working relationships with GPO’s (as a sales channel) alongside specialist sales personnel.
- Keep a close eye on competitive moves & products in the marketplace, developing rebuttal strategies and working with sales teams to ensure we position specific client propositions in the most advantageous way.
- Research and deliver innovative product, service and commercial model opportunities.
- Guide brand life cycle, including working with vendors & partners as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with account management, technical sales, and platform teams to continually update our nutritional proposition to meet evolving client and patient need.
- Work to extend cover of the proposition beyond traditional acute care environments – including sites away from traditional acute care, as well as take-away and delivery opportunities.
- Work with operational deployment teams, ensure consistent deployment of propositions. Ensure that brand guidelines and standards are developed and implemented effectively. Collect outcomes data (clinical and consumer) to confirm.
- Working alongside deployment teams, design, guide and support field marketing initiatives for the current installed base
- Take responsibility for pricing initiatives, working with supply chain, operations and deployment teams to utilize various pricing methodologies, driving their implementation through deployment teams.
- Develop new (or) validate existing value proposition for & Patient Nutrition services and ensure relevancy and differentiation in the marketplace
- Work with downstream resources to develop sales collateral, case studies, video testimonials, etc. to enhance our ability to sell and retain business
- Develop data & insight based go to market strategies. Drive lead generation in target sectors.
- Thought leadership & market awareness
- Oversee the creation, implementation, and evaluation of marketing activities (direct marketing, white papers, internet, etc.) that drive thought leadership & industry awareness for Sodexo’s Patient Nutrition services
- Work with Brand, Communications, and Public Relations teams to develop consistent and coherent messaging around Sodexo and Home Health & Patient Nutrition through various channels (trade publication submissions, press releases, speaking engagement submissions, client/prospect newsletters, etc.)
- Develop appropriate industry partnerships that position Sodexo as a thought leader in healthcare outcomes related to Patient Nutrition & enhance Sodexo’s brand
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Basic Management Experience - 10 years
- Basic Functional Experience - 10 years of experience in marketing and / or brand management
- Strong marketing background with at least some familiarity or experience with Patient Nutrition, Dietetics, Food & Nutrition services, or other related Services in a Healthcare setting
- Any relevant Nursing / clinical / biological sciences / healthcare service / medical devices industry / public health background or education is a plus
- Strong influencing & communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation)
- Experience in implementing complex projects with multiple stakeholders in time and budget and at standard
- Some familiarity with IT system implementation within Hospitals is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with Marketing concepts and implementation strategies, including connecting the dots to create strong product or services roadmap
- Demonstrated experience working with Sales teams successfully
- Strong planning skills; strong analytical skills; very strong team skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment where education, coaching, collaboration skills are crucial
Location: Will work remotely from a home office
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.