VP of Finance
Hartford, CT 06101
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Vice President of Finance
The company is a Fortune 500, diversified industrial growth company comprised of instrumentation and industrial technology businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With 2017 revenues of over $6 billion, the company’s well-known brands hold leading positions in instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization and automation.
The company is headquartered in the Seattle Washington area and employs a team of more than 20,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 50 countries around the world. Located in the Hartford CT area, the business designs and manufactures a broad portfolio of sensors and controls used in a wide variety of industries. Generating over $200mm in revenue, the business has manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia and supports sales, engineering and service offices around the world.
- The VP of Finance is responsible for leading the division’s worldwide financial function and for working collaboratively with the president and senior staff to set strategy and drive business results as measured by policy deployment, key performance indicator performance and CVD achievement.
- Partner with the division President to drive business results, analyze business performance and develop actions plans and/or countermeasures to achieve financial targets.
- Report division’s financial results to BU leadership and corporate senior leadership.
- Lead the division’s financial planning and analysis process, including developing forecasts, budgets, & strategic plans.
- Lead accounting and controllership processes, including closings, HFM submissions and compliance programs.
- Manage components of working capital to increase the company’s free cash flow.
- Manage the company’s investment analysis and decision-making process on capital, new product or marketing expenditures
- Lead by using the company’s continuous improvement tools, in finance and the business to drive continuous improvement in quality, delivery and cost.
- Lead, coach, and develop a global finance team of 7 to execute and deliver on the responsibilities noted above.
- May be assigned additional projects and responsibilities at the sole discretion of the division President and the business unit CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting required
- MBA & CPA preferred.
- 10 years of financial management experience with a majority in manufacturing environments.
- Technical excellence and process orientation in finance & accounting with experience in US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls.
- Strong business acumen, aptitude and business savvy.
- Ability to recognize business trends, proactively identify potential future challenges, and recommend and execute actions to address.
- Results focused with ability to balance future business investment needs and current financial commitments.
- High level of personal drive and sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated history of meeting business deadlines and holding finance/business team accountable for deliverables.
- Sets the bar high and drives continuous improvement across all functions.
- Challenges team to think differently about strategic business opportunities.
- Possesses attention to detail and a commitment to quality
- Strong leadership and followership skills, including the ability to lead through influence and work with cross-functional teams,
- Capable of leading, developing and coaching a professional workforce. Demonstrated success in developing people & building bench strength / successors.
- Highest levels of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Ability to travel periodically both domestically and internationally.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.