VP Program Management/Quality Leader
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a VP Program Management/Quality Leader
The company is a leading, global business services provider with revenues exceeding $20 billion annually. The company develops, manages, and delivers on-site services, benefits and rewards services, and personal and home services worldwide. In the US, the company generates more than $9 billion annually and employs over 120,000 associates in 9000 sites. The healthcare services division in North America is one of the fastest growing and highest profile businesses in the company. The company helps their clients provide the best possible health care experience to their patients. Their customized solutions are specifically geared to improving the satisfaction of patients and their families and enhancing the efficiency and reputation of their clients.
The Vice President Program Management role will be an active member of the CTM (Clinical Technology Management) executive leadership team with direct oversight to create, define, and influence the strategic direction of the business unit. This role will be accountable to strategically align the organization with the regulations and quality standards required by the governing bodies, both federal and state, and best position Sodexo as “best in class” in the Healthcare Technology Management industry.
- To oversee and lead a management team in the development and maintenance of national support program for the company’s Clinical Technology Management (CTM). To manage and direct operations of CTM’s Clinical Engineering, Materials Management, and Program Development activities.
- Provide the strategic plan and roadmap to create a robust quality management system; including ISO :9001 and :13485
- Direct oversite of all data entry to ensure compliance, with policies and procedures, and overall database management of CMMS
- Continuous improvement of policies and procedures to further drive lean practices, and improvements in quality
- Provide strategic leadership to create, deploy, and manage an onsite quality auditing program, including mock audit preparedness
- Oversee and refine the CTM SDX Gold Check Program to better align with the creation of the quality management system
- Create and design Operational Dashboards that drive consistency, transparency and standardization across the enterprise.
- Oversee the CTM regulatory compliance program
- Be the lead representative of the company to the external agencies to drive compliance and change within TJC, CMS, FDA, etc.
- Work with operations to ensure 100% adoption of regulatory compliance.
- Management of all policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and best practices; including AEM and risk-based maintenance programs
- Lead the creation of a centralized function for an alert and recalls program to ensure compliance with FDA regulations
- Management of the CTM Medical Equipment Management Plan
- Ensure all accreditations with state and federal agencies/guidelines
- Full oversight of ancillary product offerings; including but not limited to Capital Planning, PEMS, etc.
- Partner with Marketing and Operations to strategically develop and implement new product offerings, in advance of the changing needs in healthcare.
- Create, develop, and launch training materials for new products offerings
- Lead the testing process of all new product offerings
- Document results of new product offerings and work with Marketing and Operations to develop case studies and proof points
- Work with HR to create and refine career ladder progression programing, talent development, and succession planning.
- Focus on retention and talent acquisition strategies in tandem with HR
- Create, deploy, and implement an intern program with local leaders to drive new talent
- Work with Operational Leadership to drive employee engagement holistically and consistently across the CTM enterprise analyzing YOY results, and recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with Operational Leadership to create technical training programs for engineers
- Work in partnership with Talent Acquisition and Operations to drive Community Engagement with technical colleges to drive new talent to the company
- Lead the creation of a Zero Harm environment in the company
- Create and lead programs that raise the awareness of safety to the Team
- Drive the adoption of new safety programs to drive towards a Zero Harm environment
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Sig Sigma Black Belt preferred
- 10+ years in healthcare technology management; including 5 + in an executive leadership role preferred
- 10 years basic management experience
- 10 years’ experience in program development and implementation.
- International experience preferred
- Strategic leadership
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Ability to Maintain a “Big Picture” Strategic View
- Demonstrated Success in Leading and Managing Change
- Market Industry Knowledge
- Strong Business Agility
- Strong Operations Focus and Experience Demonstrated Fiscal Management Expertise Client/Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- Ability to Quickly Analyze Data and Draw Conclusions
- Demonstrated Ability to Build Effective Teams
- Strong People Development Skills Diversity Awareness and Sensitivity Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Strong Business Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Negotiation, Influencing, and Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to Work Productively in a Fast-Paced, Stressful, Demanding, and/or Ambiguous Work Environment
- Demonstrated Experience in Driving Accountability
- A strong leader that can help people translate vision into practical, actionable, measurable and cost-effective approaches and tactics that make sense for the business.
- The ability to manipulate, interpret, analyze, and explain financial information. This includes understanding financial data and accurately interpreting financial statements and reports, and identifying the key factors affecting the financial performance of the business.
** Preferred location is Nashville however this is a virtual role, so you can live anywhere however need to live close to major airport.
Travel is 60-70% initially then 50%.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.