Hoboken, NJ 07030
Will be required to work weekends, holidays, overtime, shift coverage.
- The Utility Worker will perform a variety of tasks in the operations and maintenance of wastewater collection and treatment systems on an assigned shift
- Performs routine servicing and corrective maintenance of water/wastewater systems
- Cleans vehicles, heavy equipment, barscreens, conveyors, weirs, , clarifiers, pumps, tools, and other stationary and portable equipment used at the wastewater treatment plant
- Performs routine inspection of vehicles and equipment; performs minor maintenance and lubrication of machinery such as changing oil and greasing equipment
- Operates and maintains vehicles, equipment and tools required to load, unload, haul, and spread sand, gravel, dirt and/or waste products (sludge, product waste, packaging waste, etc).
- Carries or holds materials, supplies, and tools to assist operations and maintenance personnel
- Performs general maintenance of the facilities including cleaning and painting of equipment
- Performs other duties as required
- Performs Activity Hazard
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge in the operation and maintenance of vehicles, equipment, pumps and equipment used in and around water and wastewater systems
- Familiarity with hand and power tools and equipment commonly used in the maintenance of vehicles, equipment, structures, and buildings
- Knowledge or previous experience in water or wastewater treatment and operations
- Has applicable OSHA training including but not limited to Confined Space Entry and Lockout/Tag out procedures.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.