Utility Worker 188209
Ontario, OR 97914 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Performs a variety of tasks in the Parks and Cemetery Department including maintenance of equipment, mowing, ground maintenance and other duties as required per shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains parks, cemeteries and medians/parkways as required; keeps them free of weeds; maintains sprinkler systems and assists in the repair and installation of sprinkler lines and heads.
- Operates loader, backhoe, and snow plow.
- Sweeps, washes, paints, and repairs or replaces park tables.
- Performs a variety of interior and exterior building maintenance tasks such as painting, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, grounds works and other unskilled and semi-skilled work as required.
- Plants lawn, trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs tractors, mowers, chainsaws, weed eaters, light trucks, jack hammers, welders, trucks, steam cleaners, buffers, washers and other equipment as needed.
- Maintains current skills and knowledge in the proper and safe techniques of building and grounds maintenance functions.
- Collects and disposes of solid waste from buildings and grounds; picks up litter from premises.
- Opens and closes and locks and unlocks facilities as needed.
- Cleans snow from park parking lots, cemetery travel lanes and all public facility sidewalks and entrances as needed.
- Assists in setting up and taking down equipment for various park and recreation programs; prepares facilities for park and recreation program use.
- Assists in the construction of new park facilities including clearing, grading drainage, and foundation work.
- Operates a motor vehicle safely and legally.
- Maintains regular job attendance and adherence to working hours.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Responds to after hour unscheduled projects and emergencies.
- Basic knowledge and ability to operate computers and software programs for word processing, spreadsheets, and other applications as required.
- Ability to measure and compute using metric units and ability to convert between English and metric systems.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time; works safely; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, and the public; and understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures established for work areas.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand, kneel, sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls.
- The position requires mobility and ability to operate grounds maintenance equipment/vehicles. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 30 pounds on a regular basis and may weigh in excess of 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as hand and power tools, weed eater, chain saw, sprayers, etc.
- The majority of duties take place outside of buildings with exposure to all types of weather conditions and terrains on a year-round basis.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Some knowledge of equipment, materials and methods used in grounds and facilities maintenance work and related safety precautions.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.