Utility Worker (Seasonal Temporary)
Ontario, OR 97914
This is a full time seasonal temporary position
- The Utility worker maintains parks, cemeteries and medians/parkways as required; keeps them free of weeds; maintains sprinkler systems and assists in the repair and installation of sprinkler lines and heads.
- Operates loader, backhoe, and snow plow.
- Sweeps, washes, paints, and repairs or replaces park tables.
- Performs a variety of interior and exterior building maintenance tasks such as painting, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, grounds work and other unskilled and semi-skilled work as required.
- Plants lawn, trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs tractors, mowers, chainsaws, weed eaters, light trucks, jack hammers, welders, trucks, steam cleaners, buffers, washers and other equipment as needed.
- Collects and disposes of solid waste from buildings and grounds; picks up litter from premises.
- Opens and closes and locks and unlocks facilities as needed.
- Cleans snow from park parking lots, cemetery travel lanes and all public facility sidewalks and entrances as needed.
- Assists in setting up and taking down equipment for various park and recreation programs; prepares facilities for park and recreation program use.
- Assists in the construction of new park facilities including clearing, grading drainage, and foundation work.
- Responds to after hour unscheduled projects and emergencies.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous experience in building or grounds maintenance.
- Basic knowledge and ability to operate computers and software programs for word processing, spreadsheets, and other applications as required.
- Ability to measure and compute using metric units and ability to convert between English and metric systems.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.