Transmission and Substation Project Manager
Guymon, OK 73942
This is a direct hire position
- The Project Manager is responsible for providing project management systems and technical direction to projects teams for delivering safe, cost-effective and quality execution of small to medium scale electric substation, transmission, and distribution projects and/or client accounts.
- Will be the single point of accountability for the successful planning, execution and closeout of projects which is accomplished through managing all aspects of projects including scope, schedule, cost, safety and quality as defined in the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Responsible for managing the client relationship and keeping company management informed of project status and issues. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
- Will be responsible for all aspects of contract negotiation, change order identification, submittal and approval, administration, establishing the system to carry out the contract including management of subcontractors
- Will follow effective change control and risk management processes
- EH&S and Quality programs appropriate for the project
- Will provide thorough estimates and proposals
- Will conduct effective project meetings (project kickoff, client alignment, status meeting, progress review, etc.)
- Will provide meaningful performance related feedback/input to appropriate line management and project team members
- Will provide project reporting and status for the project team, management, and client
- Provide accurate project financial reports to project accounting with adequate backup for management, internal and external accounting and/or SOX requirements
- Provide effective financial controls to ensure project profitability and expected cash flow positions
- Provide accurate invoices to ensure timely issuance and payment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from accredited college or university preferred
- State registration as a Professional Engineer preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Skilled in engineering theories and principles
- Experience working directly with material manufacturers in the development of Transmission Lines or HV Electric Substation projects
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the T&D utility industry
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency including MS Project and/or Primavera scheduling software
- Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships while effectively navigating organizational barriers
- Working knowledge of project accounting practices and financial systems
- General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and Unit contract pricing mechanisms
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.