Newport News, VA US
HKA Construction Services is now hiring Test Electricians for a shipyard located in Newport News, VA. All applicants must have five (5) or more years of experience in the electrical field – Industrial, Marine or Commercial Nuclear Applicants.
$27.31/Hr. & $120.00 Per Diem per day.
- Must be able to accurately read and make measurements with tools including tape measures and stick rulers
2. Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
3. Must have a basic understanding of electrical theory. (i.e. DC, AC, Motors)
4. Have a working knowledge of electrical components in a system (i.e. Contactor relays, overload relays, transformers, terminal boards)
5. Have a working knowledge of schematic symbols (i.e. normally open/closed contacts, normally open/closed switches, timer relay symbols, pushbuttons, etc.)
6. Be familiar with LVR (low voltage release) and LVP (low voltage protection)
7. Must be able to read and utilize test procedures and work documents
10. Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers, phase rotation tester, meggers, etc.).
8. General deck electrical work. (i.e. layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment, bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
9. Must be able to read and identify equipment and component label plates.
10. Able to verify circuit continuity using applicable drawings, meters, and test equipment (e.g wire check phones)
11. An intermediate/advanced understanding of a ship’s power distribution system
12. Must be knowledgeable in lockout/tag out and hazardous energy control procedures.
13. Test and inspect low, medium, and high-voltage cable installations.
14. Ability to troubleshoot electrical performance deficiencies (e.g. ground fault, motor circuits, power circuits)
15. The ability to read schematics and determine the cause of the fault in the system drawings and components.
16. Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.e. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
Submit a detailed resume for review.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.