Telecommunications Design Engineer
Austin, TX 78746 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
We are looking for a Telecommunications Design Engineer in the Austin, TX area capable of working a mixture of on-site and remote who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on semiconductor manufacturing facilities and other state of the art manufacturing facilities in the area. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You will thrive as you provide construction administration services and telecommunications systems design documentation for our client’s advanced facilities which, in turn shape our world.
This position will provide project a mixture of in-the-field experience and telecom design experience in conjunction with supporting design staff for multiple complex facilities. In this role you will get opportunities to coordinate with architects and other discipline engineers / design leads all under one Jacobs “roof”. You will interface directly with our client counterparts to ensure these facilities meet their needs. Our teams leverage AutoCAD and Revit MEP design software to create fully coordinated 3D models across all disciplines (C,S,A,M,E,P,T,I,L). Through a mixture of 3D BIM delivery, construction specifications and 2D sheets, we design everything from Outside Plant (OSP) to inter / intra-building backbone distribution systems, communication room layouts, rack elevations, wired & wireless device plans and cable schedules. All facets of the designs and calculations will be completed in accordance with the NEC, applicable TIA and other industry standards as well as Client and/or Jacobs specifications as applicable.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Two-year technical degree or four-year non-technical degree.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in telecommunications design and construction industry
• Knowledge & application of NFPA 70 (NEC) as applicable to telecommunications design requirements
• Knowledge & application of telecommunications industry association (TIA) standards
• Experience leading a team of telecommunications design staff
• Experience editing design and construction specifications
• Experience with start-up and commissioning of telecommunications systems
• Experience with coordinating with installation contractors
• Experience responding to Requests For Information (RFI’s) and providing submittal responses as they relate to provided specifications.
• Experience estimating and scheduling design efforts for large multi-building projects with multiple phases and design packages
• Strong structured cabling design background • Proficiency with Bluebeam.
• Strong Communication skills
• Familiarity with Navisworks
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• BICSI (Building Industry Consulting Services International) RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer) credential
• Working knowledge of Revit and Navisworks design software platforms
• 4 years of telecommunications design experience in semiconductor manufacturing or other industrial environments
• Knowledge of telecom infrastructure for control systems
• Experience in providing Quality Assurance and Checking of telecommunications systems designed by others
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.