Supplier Quality Engineer
Paris, IL 61944
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Supplier Quality Engineer
- The Engineer develops assigned suppliers in the areas of Quality, Delivery, Service, and Total Cost.
- Performs Supplier Quality Systems Surveys and supplier process reviews
- Leads component part design review meetings
- Works with Buyers to gather information and make decisions regarding product sourcing
- Reviews and approves ISIR submissions
- Assists Purchasing in coordinating all Localization activities
- Performs Supplier process reviews
- Supports Design with VA/VE ideas for purchased components & materials
- Provides technical support for purchasing and production personnel
- Contacts suppliers and provides feedback on quality issues.
- Develops effective countermeasures for all supplier related quality issues
- Performs technical and statistical investigations and analysis on supplier-related quality issues using standard problem-solving method
- Prepares and audits procedures and records for inspection and testing of purchased products.
- Makes recommendations to design department regarding possible improvements to component parts that would reduce total cost, increase productivity, and improve process capability
- Develops fail-safes and improvements to manufacturing conditions, processes, equipment, jigs, and production line flow
- Works with manufacturing engineers on labor saving methods for increased automation
- Analyzes processes to reduce defects (process review)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related discipline
- 2 years of experience in Supplier Quality Engineering or Customer Relations within automotive supplier manufacturing, and experience in a JIT manufacturing environment are preferred
- Technical knowledge in statistics and/or QC tools inspection methods
- Understanding of CAD, GD&T, and APQP
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills in standard business software (including MS Office programs)
- Written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills — confident interaction with individuals at all levels of authority
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.