Newport News, VA 23607
- HKA is hiring Structural Welder in Newport News, VA.
- This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay.
- This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines.
- The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
- All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
- Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work.
- Four years commercial/naval experience as a first-class Welder.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
- Must have Multi Pass
- Must submit to a Background check
- Must submit to a Hair Follicle Drug Screen
- Must bring acceptable ID for USCIS Form I9. The most common forms of ID we receive are passports, birth certificates, social security cards, and driver’s licenses.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.