HKA is hiring A Class Structural Fitter in Mobile, A. This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay. This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines. The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
• 1) Lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames, and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding: Lays out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates and using scribe and hand tools.
• 2) Locates and marks reference lines, such as center, buttock, and frame lines.
• 3) Positions parts in hull of ship, assisted by RIGGER.
• 4) Aligns parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, clips, wedges, and mauls.
• 5) Marks location of holes to be drilled and installs temporary fasteners to hold part in place for welding or riveting.
• 6) Installs packing, gaskets, liners, and structural accessories and members, such as doors, hatches, brackets, and clips.
• 7) May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of non standard parts.
• 8) May tack weld clips and brackets in place prior to permanent welding.
• 9) May roll, bend, flange, cut, and shape plates, beams, and other heavy metal parts, using shop machinery, such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.