Structural Engineer (III)
DOE Portland, OR 97201
- The Mid-Level Structural Engineer for the Advanced Facilities, Electronics Division will provide Structural Engineering services in the electronics industrial field through structural analysis, calculations, and design.
- Will be part of a fast-paced team focused on designing Advanced Facilities such as semiconductor manufacturing plants, data centers, and similar state of the art structures.
- Working with other engineers and designers of the multi-discipline team, as well as with clients and construction trade partners, will develop design concepts, complete the analysis and design, and work with the Designers to communicate our structural requirements on paper and in the intelligent model.
- Under general supervision, will competently perform all conventional aspects of Structural Engineering and analysis
- May serve as the Lead Structural Engineer for a small project.
- Will lead a small team of Structural Engineers and Designers in the development of calculations, specifications, construction drawings, and the structural model
- Develop and manage schedule, budget, and staffing forecasts for the structural scope
- Attend project meetings and take an active role to help the team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines
- Act as the stamping Engineer of Record
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Structural Engineering required
- Professional Engineer License (PE), or ability to obtain within 60 days
- MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering preferred
- 6 to 10 years of experience in structural engineering
- Experience in designing and analyzing traditional steel and concrete structures
- Experience with US building codes including IBC, ASCE 7, ACI, and AISC
- Experience in Semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities
- Experience with STAAD, Navisworks, and Bluebeam
- Experience leading a team of Structural Engineers and Designers
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.