Structural Engineer (6)
Long Beach, CA 90810
- The Lead Civil / Structural Engineers will be leading small to mid-scale projects in the downstream refinery and chemical / petrochemical markets.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
- Plans and manages the work, managing the financial aspects of the discipline, including the man-hour estimates and margin goals
- Responsible for ensuring that the Dept. disciplines quality management system is followed considering any special contractual requirements.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with proven leadership experience in Refinery / Petrochemical markets.
- 10+ years of engineering experience with concrete and steel structures
- 5+ years of experience in petrochemical industry
- Experience in Upstream Oil and Gas, Fertilizers / Mining will also be considered if the leadership experience is well demonstrated.
- Has already been responsible for a team of 5+
- Functional familiarity with Earned Value Method of progress reporting
- Multi-office project experience
- Competent in STAAD pro
- Functional MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Must have PE stamp in the US
- Possess or ability to obtain Washington PE stamp
- Modular experience required.
- FEED and EPC & EPCm experience are all desirable.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis
- Ability to handle teams of 5+ engineers structured and spread across 2 or 3 offices
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.