Structural Engineer (6)
Greenville, SC 29607
- The Structural Engineer performs a variety of engineering work in the planning and design phase of buildings, structures and equipment foundations.
- Calculations and specifications of peer review quality are produced.
- The engineer will be required to work in supervisory/lead responsibility role over a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist who develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
- Will work on a variety of projects pertaining to industrial clients ranging from plant modifications to new facilities.
- Will work alongside inexperienced and experienced engineers and designers to perform a variety of analysis and other support tasks such as creating computer models for structures, performing calculations of section properties and weight take-offs, preparation of calculations, assisting with estimates, etc.
- Will become familiar with project scopes, specifications and design criteria when assigned to a project team.
- Will perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis required. Master’s degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer or SE preferred.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in structural analysis and design using STAAD.Pro or RAM structural systems required.
- Must have experience generating detailed calculations for structural steel and reinforced concrete, preferably for heavy industrial projects.
- Experience leading designers and drafting to convert design to construction drawings.
- Understanding of structural design provisions in the codes is important. Working knowledge and proficiency in application of ACI, AISC 360 & 341, ASCE, IBC design standards and codes required.
- Ability to efficiently perform current steel analysis and design methodologies is required (e.g. AISC 360-16, 15th. Edition Steel Manual).
- High seismic design experience required (AISC 341).
- Direct activities of other civil engineers, designers, and drafters to meet project schedule and ensure quality control measures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with design team.
- Familiarity with Revit and Navisworks is preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.