Englewood, CO 80112
- The Designer produces designs and layouts per project specifications and technical requirements.
- Prepares construction quantity estimates for concrete foundations, earthwork grading, cut/fill volumes, pavement, structural steel, earthmoving, and related civil/land development.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of design intent, and selects required information from existing drawings, guidelines, etc.
- Creates assembly drawings, component design, and detail drawings. Solves complex design and manages coordination requirements, and effectively coordinates work with other disciplines or groups within the company.
- Completes design and documentation of a work package.
- Work involves planning, organizing and coordinating variety of simple to complex projects.
- Vocational or Associates Degree in Structural Design with applicable experience with 3D Modeling tools.
- BSCET or ASCET preferred but not required.
- 4 to 12 years designing/drafting experience or related technical experience with civil/structural design of industrial type facilities.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish project deadlines.
- Comprehensive understanding of drafting concepts, practices, and procedures for design, drafting, layout and detailing of foundations, steel, and concrete structures.
- Understanding of steel fabrication and erection processes, knowledge of construction materials, constructions details and techniques.
- Knowledge of the discipline with understanding of how concepts/theories should evolve or apply.
- Knowledge of design codes, fabrication and construction techniques, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling with AutoCAD and CADWorx, and file import and export to and from AutoCAD and CADWorx.
- Familiarity of additional 3D packages preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Understanding and knowledge of plot plan, equipment layout development, foundation and utilities layout, foundation materials, and site grading.
- Knowledge and experience in Civil 3D, earthwork grading, cut/fill volumes, pavement, earthmoving, and related civil/land development preferred but not required.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.