Street Maintenance Operator in Training
Ontario, OR 97914
This position works in all aspects of the street maintenance department.
On call is required for this position, must be able to respond to after hours emergencies within a reasonable time.
- The OIT works in the operation, repair, and maintenance of streets, water distribution systems, waste water collection systems, and other duties as assigned.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains water distribution systems, storm drains, sewer collection systems, and sewer lift stations.
- Paving, patching, sign maintenance, concrete repair/installation, snow removal/sanding etc.
- Performs labor involved in the construction and maintenance of water distribution: installs, repairs and reads water meters; exercise valves; installs and repairs water lines, standpipes, valves, pumps, etc.; and performs water shut-offs and turn-ons; repairs and installs manholes, cleanouts; and cleans debris from catch basins.
- Produces a variety of records and reports relating to these activities.
- Operates, maintains and performs minor repair to light and heavy equipment (backhoe, loader, sewer cleaner, welders, etc.).
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance of assigned equipment and tools by cleaning and checking equipment and tools before and after use.
- Reports defects or needed repairs to lead worker or supervisor.
- Responds to various customer service requests and report findings to lead worker or supervisor.
- Uses utility locator service prior to any excavation.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Some prior experience in Water Distribution, Sewer Collections and Street maintenance
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Class "A" Commercial Driver's License or obtain within 3- 6 month from date of hire
- Flagger certification within 6 months from date of hire
- CPR-First aid within 6 months from date of hire
- Needs to have computer skills
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.