Strategic Sourcing Manager
East Hartford, CT 06118
Aerospace and Defense Technical is hiring a Strategic Sourcing Manager
- The Strategic Sourcing Manager will lead a team responsible for all aspects of sourcing strategy for the commodities under their leadership including make vs buy decisions, source selection, supplier designations (exit, grow, sustain, etc.) and LTA negotiations.
- Will lead a team that develops and executes a “one company” sourcing strategy in consultation with the supply chain counterparts in the commodity considering delivery, cost and quality objectives.
- Will play a key role in interfacing with the Supply Chain Procurement Execution groups as well as internal and external customers.
- Will be developing and executing a commodity strategy that limits exposure to risk and liability through strategic planning.
- Manages supplier relationships as required as a point of escalation from proposal and selection through negotiation and also manages supplier restructuring and transitions.
- Also responsible for setting make/buy, sales forecasting, vendor managed inventory, logistics, and overall supplier development strategies, including performance improvement plans.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, supply chain, operations management or related field.
- Advanced Degree (MS/MBA) preferred.
- Must demonstrate an advanced understanding of the company’s supply chain strategy
- Must also exhibit advanced leadership capabilities including the identification and development of talent.
- Must understand the relevant market landscape of the commodity as well as the company’s internal production needs.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Nancy Boyce is a Sr. Technical Recruiter with over 30 years' experience serving the Aerospace and Engineering industries. Her favorite part of her job is working with a candidate through the whole process of getting them hired and then seeing them become successful in their career path. The best way to contact Nancy is via phone or email