Sr Telecoms Smartplant Designer
Portland, OR 97201 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
We're looking for a Senior Telecommunications SmartPlant Designer who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients’ business. Optimally this role would be located in the Portland, OR area, but could be filled by someone in a remote capacity with possible periodic travel to the Portland, OR area. Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing facilities and other state of the art manufacturing and research facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for well-known clients around the world. You’ll thrive as you provide telecommunications systems design documentation for our client’s advanced facilities which, in turn shape our world.
Our senior level telecom designers are responsible for documenting and modeling the design information under direction of our project discipline leads. This position provides an opportunity to leverage your knowledge of the SmartPlant and Navisworks design software platforms as well as expanding your understanding of the telecommunications design industry. Using these software platforms you will create fully coordinated 3D models across all design disciplines (C,S,A,M,E,P,T,I,L) as well as 2D construction drawings. This is all accomplished in coordination with other designers, discipline leads, architects and engineers who are all under one Jacobs “roof”. Using the Jacobs design methods in conjunction with your keen eye for detail and established SmartPlant/BIM skills, you will be part of our telecom design team core working to turn the design intent of our senior telecom design leads into constructable deliverables with including clash-free 3D models. In coordination with our senior telecom design leads, you will be given opportunities to provide input towards the way in which we leverage SmartPlant to deliver the necessary construction information within our design deliverables. You will also have plenty of opportunities to provide mentorship and support to other designers on the team.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Minimum of 6 years of SmartPlant Instrumentation - Hexagon, SP3D experience
• Experience creating and maintaining BIM standards
• Experience following client design and modeling standards
• Experience mentoring fellow BIM design staff
• Strong Communication skills
• Ability to estimate hours required for design and modeling efforts based on provided markups and/or verbal direction requests
• Willingness to learn new tools and adapt to them
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in telecommunications design and construction industry
• Analytical thinking skills
• Basic understanding of wiring/cabling connections in relation to a circuit or a link between devices and equipment
• Familiarity with Bluebeam or similar markup software
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Experience creating the following for telecom systems: wiring diagrams, details, layout drawings, supporting tables, termination and cable schedules
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of Revit experience
• An understanding of how codes and standards shape design decisions
• An understanding of design and construction specifications and their function
• Understanding of cleanroom environments
• Knowledge and design experience with life safety and security systems; fire alarm, access control, CCTV
• Knowledge of control systems and network components and topology
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.