Sr Project Engineer
Omaha, NE US
Must be local to Omaha, NE as there is no per diem offered
The Project Engineer participates in all phases of the contract modification process
• Participates in all phases of the contract modification process
• Prepares scopes of work for RFP’s, prepares or assists in preparation of government estimates, reviews contractor’s proposals, participates in negotiations and prepares contract modification documentation. Assists in review and analysis of contractors’ requests arising from disputes and claims and makes recommendations for resolution. Projects will be performed independently on routine aspects of the projects, but the more complex issues will be in consultation with the supervisor
• Reviews and analyzes contractor plans and technical submittals for approval action, including progress schedules, environmental, safety and quality control programs, certifications and shop drawings
• Prepares correspondence with regard to Contractor performance, Requests for Equitable Adjustments (REAs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and other technical issues. Prepares both partial and final payment estimates including the measurement and computation of pay item quantities, verification of materials on hand, and percentage complete of lump sum items.
• Monitors scheduled progress of all construction activities and phases of construction and advises the Resident Engineer of potential slippage or delay
• Personnel may be requested to provide training in proper inspection techniques to government employees, junior government employees, and government hired students.
Additional Information: Work 8 hours per day (Monday through Friday), plus OT as needed during active construction, which will include weekends and all hours of the day (including all nights) as needed. Work hours will be reduced during winter months/non-construction times
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
• Minimum 10 years continuous Project Engineer experience
• Oversees and supports the onsite Quality Assurance Representative (QAR) with all construction activities
• Arranges and conducts pre-work meetings. Attends and participates in coordination meetings, preparatory phase meetings and safety meetings as time allows.
• Makes periodic checks of contractor’s work for overall compliance with Plans and Specifications and other contract and construction requirements; Interprets Plans and Specifications for inspectors and contractors’ field representatives; Develops a teaming relationship with the project Quality Assurance Representative (QAR) to resolve issues related to quality, safety, and coordination. Develops Quality Assurance Plans for specific projects and ensures that QA Plans are implemented in accordance with regulations
• Makes a thorough study of plans and specifications to obtain knowledge of construction requirements and design criteria
• Recommends addenda or changes to plans and specifications where required to correct deficiencies or make changes necessitated by differing site conditions or user requests
• Serves as the representative for construction on Project Delivery Teams (PDTs)
• Performs BCOE reviews and attends BCOE review conferences. Recommends changes where needed and provides “lessons learned” comments to designers
• Consults and maintains liaison with customer representatives, cost sharing partners, and project managers to keep them advised of progress and resolution of any outstanding problems or potential delays
• Updates the status of each assigned project in RMS by entering pertinent data in the Contract Status area including any potential problems and updating of milestone events
• Performs other duties as assigned by USACE supervision
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• United States Citizenship
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."