Sr Project Controller
Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Looking for someone with cost and project scheduling experience
This is the expert level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy. Workers at this level lead the development of the reporting systems for project controls assignments. They perform complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level as well as trains and teaches other members of PC organization with minimal oversight and wide latitude for unreviewed work. They are also expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently
- Graduation from a four-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent. Minimum of 7 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 11 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Expert in project controls principles.
- Expertise / Mastery with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; employee development; strong collaborative team member; oversight.
- knowledge of reporting systems for project controls assignments.
- perform complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control
- reporting on portfolio level
- project management knowledge
- cost management
- understanding of accounting conventions
- integrated project planning
- Masters - business, finance, project management, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Prolog, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft. Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."