Sr BIM Technician
Portland, OR 97201 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
As a Senior BIM Technician with the architecture team in Jacobs Advanced Facilities – Electronics group, you will help us design state-of-the-art microelectronics facilities, data centers, and other advanced industrial and commercial facilities powering our virtual world today and into the future. As an integral member of the Electronics architecture team you will be responsible for preparation of drawings and models using Revit and related BIM software. You will evaluate and resolve problems by applying appropriate solutions, and will actively promote overall quality of the design and project deliverables. Using your strong communication and interpersonal skills, you will work closely with architects and engineering disciplines, resolving design issues and innovating design solutions. You will be part of a team performing conceptual, layout, and detailed design tasks, coordinating design and construction activities, studies, and various analyses. You’ll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise mentoring junior team members.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing drawings and sketches using Revit and applicable software, applying suitable design criteria.
- Create conceptual models based on verbal direction or rough sketches from architects or other designers.
- Reliable work practices to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Highly proficient in self-checking work and coordinating with related disciplines to resolve design.
- Proactively advancing workflows, systems, and tools, including design automation skills. Familiarity with emerging technologies.
- Highly focused on quality, ensuring conformance with established architecture standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Developing construction details using your knowledge of principles and practices of building material technology
- Able to provide quality reviews of models and documents prepared by others to assure design and project standards are met.
- Delegate to junior staff where appropriate
- This position may require you to serve as a Lead Designer. In this role you will be expected to:
- Provide leadership for a small team of designers, establishing project standards and procedures, training and developing your team, and building and maintaining team morale.
- Coordinate the work of the designer team, assigning work, balancing workloads, monitoring progress towards deadlines, and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Take responsibility for internal, cross-discipline, and external project reviews.
- Attend project meetings and take an active role to help your team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 10 years building design modeling or construction modeling design experience required
- Minimum 2-Year accredited degree in Computer-Aided Drafting, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Revit 3D modeling, minimum 6 years experience
- AutoCad design experience
- Experience with Sketch up, Rhino, Adobe Suite, InDesign, and Navisworks
- Experience in SmartPlant 3D
- Experience with specifications and construction technologies
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Architectural design experience
- Experience with building codes and specifications
- Experience with semiconductor or general industrial facilities
- LEED accredited
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.