Solar Construction Supervisor
Baton Rouge, LA
The Construction Supervisor is an experienced problem solver and team leader who thrives in a fast paced, challenging environment. This individual works with subcontractors’ teams to ensure that projects are built safely, on time, on target, and meet quality standards. The Construction Supervisor is responsible for the daily coordination and direction of the project subcontractor teams so that projects are built safely, within budget, on schedule, meets the company's quality standards, and meets the owner's satisfaction.
- Leads by example and enforces company and regulatory safety policies and procedures; addresses non-compliance among all subcontractors.
- Sets productivity standards for the project and ensures subcontractors understand expectations in order to meet the project schedule.
- Develops look-ahead schedules and works with Construction Manager and trades to ensure schedule is met.
- Coordinates for timely arrival of deliveries and equipment to site with logistics team and subcontractors.
- Reviews and thoroughly understands submittals, plans and specifications to ensure that the project is built to standard.
- Proactively identifies potential problems or issues and works with stakeholders to resolve them in a cost efficient, timely manner.
- Consistently identifies efficiencies to reduce time and costs to project.
- Meets with project foremen daily to enhance communication, resolve issues and share ideas, so the projects are built safely and efficiently.
- Monitors progress and creates timely and effective daily reports.
- Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement and the company's standards.
- $60,000-70,000/year - $2900/month per diem for those eligible
- Willingness to travel is 100% required.
- Five + years of construction management experience, preferably as a construction supervisor or site superintendent in the solar industry.
- Experience managing subcontractors and craft personnel
- Ability to read and interpret subcontracts.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of various areas of construction (civil construction, electrical construction, utility construction).
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety standards required; OSHA 10 is a minimum requirement.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project and various other construction management tools.
- Professional licenses in trade (i.e. CSL, NABCEP PV, etc.) is desired.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.