Shop Floor Supervisior (2nd shift)
Cheektowaga, NY 14043
This is a 2nd shift positions- 3:30pm - 12am.
Works overtime as required/directed to support customer needs and company objectives.
- The Shop Floor Supervisor will be accountable for the supervision of hourly employees engaged in handling, storing, moving, welding, machining, assembly, painting, testing, and repair of components, pressure vessels and parts.
- Supervises assigned employees in the daily performance of duties related to department workload.
- Orders and/or recommends procurement of tool supplies for use within department.
- Responsible for ensuring all drawings, codes, procedures, programs, policies, etc. are adhered to.
- Operates PC based systems, including Microsoft Office or equivalent systems.
- Reviews all documents for obvious discrepancies and brings to the attention of responsible department.
- Responsible for all equipment use and maintenance.
- Associate Degree in a technical field
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with background in welding/machining preferred
- 2 years’ experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment or six years related supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must exhibit good organizational skills and perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Understand and Implement lean Initiatives.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.