Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Bridgeport, NJ 08014
- The Clerk prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against sales and transfer orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Prepare electronic routing of small packages (FedEx, UPS, DHL, LTL) for domestic and foreign shipments.
- Organize imported pump parts according to matched sets. Set up work center for final assembly.
- Pick and deliver pump ends, OEM equipment and parts to support pump fabrication.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Unload overseas containers and participate in stock put away.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and or maintenance
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures
- Ability to read, write and perform simple arithmetic
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork and maintain records
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects (to maximum of 50 pounds)
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.