Newport News, VA
HKA is hiring Shipfitter (Tack Only) in Newport News, VA. This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay. This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines. The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
$30.00 an hour $120 per diem (if eligible)
- Four years commercial/naval experience as a first-class Shipfitter.
All Shipfitters will be required to pass a Multi-pass Tack Welder Qualification Test upon reporting for the first day of work. This test will be in accordance with Tech Pub 248 Paragraph 5.3 and the following:
- Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process
- With MIL-10718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/1
- In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions.
- With a 3-Pass, 3/8” Fillet instead of the Single-pass Fillet shown in Tech Pub 248 Figure 16. Each pass shall have at least one stop and start within the weld length
Must have Multi pass
Must submit to a Background check
Must submit to a Hair Follicle Drug Screen
Must bring acceptable ID for USCIS Form I9. The most common forms of ID we receive are passports, birth certificates, social security cards, and driver’s licenses.
Apply today to get started.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.