Sheet Metal Mechanic (Fillet Welder)
Newport News, VA
HKA is hiring a Sheet Metal Worker in Newport News, VA! This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay. This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines. The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
$27.50 per hour/ $120 per diem (if eligible)
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have 4 years of commercial/naval sheet metal experience.
- Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
- Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
- Ability to assembly piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
- Experience in using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, shears etc).
- Carbon Steel Fillet welding (512) Qualification: Fillet welding-single-pass
- Rigger/material handling preferred.
- MIG/TIG Welding
- Must submit to a background check
- Must submit to a hair follicle drug screen
- Must bring acceptable ID for USCIS form I9. The most common forms of ID we receive are passports, birth certificates, social security cards, and driver’s licenses.
- Single-pass Fillet welding qualification test, using the shielding metal arc welding process
- The test will consist of both vertical up (3F) and overhead (4F) positions with a single-pass fillet.
- Each pass shall have at least one stop and start within the weld length.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.